Breaking News

Notice to all owners with horses

August 2, 2013



Many horse medications can be very toxic to our small animal family members. Any deworming medication containing Ivermectin is of particular concern and can be fatal if even tiny amounts are ingested by small animals. We commonly see dogs with Ivermectin toxicity after owners have dewormed their horses; this is very difficult to treat and is likely to be fatal. Please be careful and keep your dog away from potential exposure. Please contact our hospital if you have any questions.

< Back To List of Breaking News Articles